Accusing the West Bengal government of being inactive in arresting those responsible for the brutal killing of a college student, state BJP president Rahul Sinha Monday said the party would send a report on it to the Union Home ministry.
“We will send a complete report about the killing of college student Saurav Chaudhury to the MHA so it can take stock of the lawless situation in Bengal. The state police administration has become totally ineffective,” Sinha said.
“Saurav was a member of the BJP. His family is associated with our party. We are pained because he belongs to the BJP family. If a TMC or CPM worker had died, we would have been just as much in grief and sorrow. Any death is unfortunate and sad,” he said.
Pushing for a CBI probe, Sinha criticised Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for not demanding a CBI inquiry when she used to “even on little things in the past”.
“Barasat, of late, has hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons and it is a dangerous sign. The police is not capable of working in an unbiased manner and so we demand a CBI inquiry. The CM had been asking for a CBI intervention for every little thing in the state and in the last three years, she had not asked for a CBI probe in a single case. The only instance where a CBI inquiry was ordered was by the Supreme Court in Saradha scam,” he said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
He also said that there should be a total overhaul in the administration at Barasat. “The officials should be replaced by those with impressive track record and a monitoring committee should be formed comprising some handpicked officers who are known for their honesty and integrity.”
Reacting to food minister Jyotipriya Mullick’s allegation that the main accused in the student’s murder is a BJP worker, Sinha said, “These allegations are completely unfounded and the minister should have been a little more careful before making such allegations. Such statements should be backed by some facts.”
Saurav, whose body bearing stab wounds was found on railway tracks between Bamangachi and Duttapukur railway stations in North 24 Parganas district on July 5, was killed allegedly for starting a drive against illicit liquor dens in the area.
(With PTI inputs)