State BJP president Rahul Sinha inaugurated a NaMo tea stall beside Howrah Railway Station Tuesday where he sold tea for Rs 2. The stall has a flex printed with BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi’s pictures on it.
Many such tea stalls would be opened across the state. “We want to send across the message that Modi, who used to sell tea, is now set to become prime minister. This proves that in a democracy like India, people can rise by the dint of their sheer qualities. These stalls would be used to invite people to Brigade Parade Ground on February 5, where Modi and BJP national president Rajnath Singh would be addressing a rally,” he said.
About 50,000 tea sellers would be invited to attend the rally. “Besides, there would be labourers, farmers, IT officials and college students at the rally,” he said, adding around 2,000 people had registered online for the rally.
Sinha on Tuesday also inaugurated the sports cell of the party.
He also said the party will fight all 42 seats in the state.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016