The district secretary of BJP in Bankura, Niladri Dan , was arrested Friday — four days after clashes between BJP and Trinamool Congress men in the district. Dana was produced in court Friday and sent to judicial custody for seven days.
Workers of both parties had on June 29 clashed at Muniadihi village in Bankura. Twelve persons of both sides were injured with nine admitted to local hospital with critical injuries.
A day after the clash, a fact-finding team of the BJP state unit led by senior leader Sameek Bhattacharya visited Bankura. Bhattacyarya had said there was an atmosphere of fear in the village.
After the clash, both sides including BJP and TMC lodged an FIR against each other. While police arrested the BJP leader, nobody from the ruling party has been arrested yet.
State BJP president Rahul Sinha, who visited Bankura after the incident, said, “The ruling party is only following in the footsteps of CPM. It has now realised that their main opposition is BJP and not CPM, whiich is why they are attacking our workers. They have now begun framing our leaders. We will not sit silent and agitate for justice.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016