The district secretary of BJP in Bankura, Niladri Dan , was arrested Friday — four days after clashes between BJP and Trinamool Congress men in the district. Dana was produced in court Friday and sent to judicial custody for seven days.
Workers of both parties had on June 29 clashed at Muniadihi village in Bankura. Twelve persons of both sides were injured with nine admitted to local hospital with critical injuries.
A day after the clash, a fact-finding team of the BJP state unit led by senior leader Sameek Bhattacharya visited Bankura. Bhattacyarya had said there was an atmosphere of fear in the village.
After the clash, both sides including BJP and TMC lodged an FIR against each other. While police arrested the BJP leader, nobody from the ruling party has been arrested yet.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
State BJP president Rahul Sinha, who visited Bankura after the incident, said, “The ruling party is only following in the footsteps of CPM. It has now realised that their main opposition is BJP and not CPM, whiich is why they are attacking our workers. They have now begun framing our leaders. We will not sit silent and agitate for justice.”