As the family of the Madhyamgram gang rape victim today left for Bihar to meet Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, the state BJP here sent a letter to the National Human Rights Commission requesting its intervention in the case.
Accusing the state police and district administration of being hand in glove while trying to hush up the matter, the letter requests the NHRC to initiate a probe against the officers who failed to provide security to the victim – a factor which even the Bihar government’s report into the incident last week had cited as the reason behind the girl’s murder.
“As the West Bengal Human Rights Commission has become defunct following resignation of its chairman, Justice (retd) Asok Kumar Ganguly, we had to write to the NHRC,” state BJP secretary Ritesh Tewari said.
In its four-point demand put before the commission, the BJP has asked for probe against the officers responsible for the lack of security to the family, an investigation into the role of the hospital which kept the burnt victim under its care for seven days despite having inadequate infrastructure, a proper complaint against the police officers who “threatened” the victim’s family to leave the state, and a probe into the December 31 incident when the police forcefully tried to get the body cremated, Tewari informed.
The victim’s family members, meanwhile, left for Patna, saying they will meet CM Nitish “for justice”.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest