Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday accused the Congress and BJP of conspiring to divide West Bengal just as they had teamed up to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh. She was attending a meeting of party workers in Itahar, Malda, where she was campaigning for Satyaranjan Dasmunshi, TMC’s candidate from Raigunj in North Dinajpur, and for Arpita Ghosh, candidate from Balurghat in South Dinajpur.
Satyaranjan Dasmunshi is pitted against Congress’ Deepa Dasmunshi, wife of his (Satyranjan’s) elder brother and Congress leader Priya Ranjan Dasmunshi.
“Without its (the state’s) consent, a state can not be bifurcated. But the Congress and the BJP have teamed up and divided Andhra Pradesh. But I can challenge both the parties that as long as I am alive, not even an inch of Bengal will be ceded,’’ the Chief Minister said.
“BJP is communal. They play the politics of division between the Hindus and the Muslims. They trigger communal riots and try to reap the harvest. You should never vote for them,’’ Mamata said.She also attacked the Congress and the CPM, saying the two, along with the BJP, have joined hands to build an unholy nexus. “While the BJP is communal, the Congress is corrupt to the core. And the CPM is playing second fiddle to them. If you vote for any of these parties, you are voting for the other two as well.”
Mamata, who had been claiming that the TMC will emerge as the third largest party in the country after the Lok Sabha elections, went a step further and said that in next six months to one year, her party will become the single largest party in the country.
Firing further salvo at the Congress, directed especially at Deepa Dasmunshi, the sitting Congress MP who has been repeatedly demanding that an AIIMS campus be set up in Raigunj, Mamata said the Centre could easily have gone ahead with the project. “Who stopped the Centre from setting up the AIIMS? They could go ahead with it. But we will not allow farmers’ lands to be acquisitioned for any project,’’ she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More