Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday accused the Congress and BJP of conspiring to divide West Bengal just as they had teamed up to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh. She was attending a meeting of party workers in Itahar, Malda, where she was campaigning for Satyaranjan Dasmunshi, TMC’s candidate from Raigunj in North Dinajpur, and for Arpita Ghosh, candidate from Balurghat in South Dinajpur.
Satyaranjan Dasmunshi is pitted against Congress’ Deepa Dasmunshi, wife of his (Satyranjan’s) elder brother and Congress leader Priya Ranjan Dasmunshi.
“Without its (the state’s) consent, a state can not be bifurcated. But the Congress and the BJP have teamed up and divided Andhra Pradesh. But I can challenge both the parties that as long as I am alive, not even an inch of Bengal will be ceded,’’ the Chief Minister said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“BJP is communal. They play the politics of division between the Hindus and the Muslims. They trigger communal riots and try to reap the harvest. You should never vote for them,’’ Mamata said.She also attacked the Congress and the CPM, saying the two, along with the BJP, have joined hands to build an unholy nexus. “While the BJP is communal, the Congress is corrupt to the core. And the CPM is playing second fiddle to them. If you vote for any of these parties, you are voting for the other two as well.”
Mamata, who had been claiming that the TMC will emerge as the third largest party in the country after the Lok Sabha elections, went a step further and said that in next six months to one year, her party will become the single largest party in the country.
Firing further salvo at the Congress, directed especially at Deepa Dasmunshi, the sitting Congress MP who has been repeatedly demanding that an AIIMS campus be set up in Raigunj, Mamata said the Centre could easily have gone ahead with the project. “Who stopped the Centre from setting up the AIIMS? They could go ahead with it. But we will not allow farmers’ lands to be acquisitioned for any project,’’ she said.