Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee Monday attacked the BJP “for causing riots” and held Congress responsible for rising prices while reiterating that her party would play a vital role in formation of the next government at the Centre.
“These days BJP, Congress and CPIM have become great friends. Don’t vote for BJP as it indulges in riots, do not vote for Congress as it is corrupt to the core and increases prices of all commodities,” she said, canvassing for three party candidates — Sandhya Roy (Midnapore), Dev (Ghatal) and Uma Soren (Jhargram) —- at a rally in Keshiari in West Midnapore district —-one of the three Left Wing Extremism (LWE) affected districts in the state.
“As far as CPM is concerned, it only buries human skulls,” Mamata said in an apparent reference to skeletons dug up near a former CPM minister’s house in the district in 2011, which caused a political uproar.
Stating that the three parties were “hand in glove,” she said, “The only option for you is to vote for Trinamool Congress. Bury the CPM, Congress and BJP.”
The helicopter, which was to fly Mamata to Keshiari developed a technical snag and she was forced to go there by car. The chief minister smelt a rat in the incident and said she has ordered a thorough investigation into it.
“Some people seem to have hatched a conspiracy to stop me from coming here. But they don’t know me. Nobody can stop me,’’ Mamata said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Mamata later addressed a rally at Garbeta in the district and exhorted the Maoists to eschew guns and cast votes for development of the state. “You give up guns, we want your vote in lieu of that. Only then we can go ahead with development,’’ Mamata said said at Garbeta, where she went after 16 years.
The last time Mamata, a minister for railways in the then NDA government, had visited Garbeta in January, 2001 after five TMC members were burnt to death at a house at Chhoto Angaria village. The bodies of the five people were never found.
Mamata said Garbeta used to be controlled by the CPM at one time and now it was free from the alleged “reign of terror unleashed” by the Left Front constituent. “Violence has now given way to development and it is our weapon now,” she said.