Four days after the alleged gangrape of a 20-year-old tribal girl, a four-member forensic team reached the spot Saturday.
Led by Shipra Ray, the head of the biological department of Forensic Science Laboratory, Belgachia arrived at 1.30 pm and examined the sheets of clothes found in the shed.
These samples will be sent to the laboratory for further examination and after the reports arrive, they will be matched with those collected at the hospital during the medical test of the victim and the 13 accused.
“Nothing can be said unless the test results come,” Ray said.
Meanwhile, doctors treating the victim at Suri hospital said the girl was stable. “She is stable and is responding well to treatment. However, she is yet to get over the trauma and would need psychiatric treatment,” said Dr Asit Biswas, medical superintendent of the hospital, adding she might be released in a couple of days.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Siddhinath Gupta IG (western range), said the 13 arrested are being interrogated.
“We are interrogating them but would not be able to reveal what had come forth for the sake of investigation,” he said, adding police will provide protection to the victims and her family. “We will ensure she stays peacefully wherever she intends to stay.”
However, on Saturday, the Muslim youth from the neighbouring village with whom the victim allegedly had an affair was missing.
The youth’s wife said he had gone missing ever since the family had arranged to pay the penalty of Rs 25,000 to the village court chief.