Taking a cue from the Trinamool Congress that successfully fielded celebrities in both Lok Sabha and Assembly elections, the BJP has formed a unit to rope in people from TV and film world.
“Actor George Baker, who is already in the party, would be made the head of the unit, which would be named soon to bring in actors, musicians, producers and even technicians from the small and big screen,” said state BJP president Rahul Sinha as a slew of actors formally joined the party Tuesday.
Actors Santana Basu, Sucheta Chakraborty, Subhadra, Sriparna Ghosh, Priyanka Das and filmmakers Prabir Ray and Bikas Banerjee became party’s formal members on the day. Referring to Monday’s meeting between the TMC and members of the Left Front delegation, Sinha said it was a meeting to save Left supporters from post-poll violence.
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
“In effect, it was a meeting between the two parties to find a way to save themselves from the BJP, which is emerging as a formidable force in the state,” he said, adding he felt the TMC and CPM workers who had worked dedicatedly for the respective parties had been cheated. “TMC and CPM have united in betraying party workers. It is time now that these people, who had given their blood and sweat to the party, considered leaving the party,” he said.
On the sidelines of the event, he also said the BJP would welcome such people. “They are coming and would eventually come,” he said.