Taking a cue from the Trinamool Congress that successfully fielded celebrities in both Lok Sabha and Assembly elections, the BJP has formed a unit to rope in people from TV and film world.
“Actor George Baker, who is already in the party, would be made the head of the unit, which would be named soon to bring in actors, musicians, producers and even technicians from the small and big screen,” said state BJP president Rahul Sinha as a slew of actors formally joined the party Tuesday.
Actors Santana Basu, Sucheta Chakraborty, Subhadra, Sriparna Ghosh, Priyanka Das and filmmakers Prabir Ray and Bikas Banerjee became party’s formal members on the day. Referring to Monday’s meeting between the TMC and members of the Left Front delegation, Sinha said it was a meeting to save Left supporters from post-poll violence.
“In effect, it was a meeting between the two parties to find a way to save themselves from the BJP, which is emerging as a formidable force in the state,” he said, adding he felt the TMC and CPM workers who had worked dedicatedly for the respective parties had been cheated. “TMC and CPM have united in betraying party workers. It is time now that these people, who had given their blood and sweat to the party, considered leaving the party,” he said.
On the sidelines of the event, he also said the BJP would welcome such people. “They are coming and would eventually come,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016