Naushad Khan, owner of the godown that experienced a poisonous gas leak at its welding workshop killing two and making around 50 people sick, was arrested at Gopalpur in Asansol area on Wednesday.
Asansol-Durgapur police commissioner Vineet Goel visited the spot as well as the affected who are admitted at the Asansol District Hospital. “Prima facie it looks like that someone tried to steal the brass valves of the gas cylinders leading to the calamity,” said a senior police official. Goel said the poisonous gas had spread to over 2 km.
The district BJP supporters put up a demonstration in front of Asansol(south) police station alleging that illegal businesses involving poisonous gases were rampant in the area and police did nothing to stop those. “We have told the police to check these activities and arrest those responsible for the outbreak,” said BJP district president Nirmal Karmakar.
The area continued to be gripped under panic as most of the residents of the locality left the place.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016