Naushad Khan, owner of the godown that experienced a poisonous gas leak at its welding workshop killing two and making around 50 people sick, was arrested at Gopalpur in Asansol area on Wednesday.
Asansol-Durgapur police commissioner Vineet Goel visited the spot as well as the affected who are admitted at the Asansol District Hospital. “Prima facie it looks like that someone tried to steal the brass valves of the gas cylinders leading to the calamity,” said a senior police official. Goel said the poisonous gas had spread to over 2 km.
The district BJP supporters put up a demonstration in front of Asansol(south) police station alleging that illegal businesses involving poisonous gases were rampant in the area and police did nothing to stop those. “We have told the police to check these activities and arrest those responsible for the outbreak,” said BJP district president Nirmal Karmakar.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The area continued to be gripped under panic as most of the residents of the locality left the place.