Union Finance Minister and Defence Minister Arun Jaitley, who is on a two-day visit to West Bengal, called on Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at Nabanna on Saturday evening. The meeting started as a one-on-one and was later attended by state Finance Minister Dr. Amit Mitra.
The meeting comes close on the heels of the Bengal Chief Minister’s return to the city late last night from a five-day trip seeking investments for West Bengal.
After the Narendra Modi govt came to power, almost all the central ministers visiting West Bengal have made it a point to call on the Chief Minister.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The meet would provide the state government with an opportunity to reiterate its financial demands of a moratorium on debt repayment by the West Bengal government. Also, the state had been complaining that funds for various centrally sponsored schemes for poverty alleviation have not yet been released.