Union Finance Minister and Defence Minister Arun Jaitley, who is on a two-day visit to West Bengal, called on Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at Nabanna on Saturday evening. The meeting started as a one-on-one and was later attended by state Finance Minister Dr. Amit Mitra.
The meeting comes close on the heels of the Bengal Chief Minister’s return to the city late last night from a five-day trip seeking investments for West Bengal.
After the Narendra Modi govt came to power, almost all the central ministers visiting West Bengal have made it a point to call on the Chief Minister.
The meet would provide the state government with an opportunity to reiterate its financial demands of a moratorium on debt repayment by the West Bengal government. Also, the state had been complaining that funds for various centrally sponsored schemes for poverty alleviation have not yet been released.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016