Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has told anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare that she agrees with him on a number of issues like FDI in retail and land acquisition.
Mukul Roy, the national general secretary of Trinamool Congress, Tuesday said Hazare had written a letter to the party supremo in December last year giving his opinion on a number of topics of national importance.
“She has replied back recently saying that she had made it a part of the party’s election manifesto in Lok Sabha polls of 2009, state assembly polls of 2011 and will also keep it in their new election manifesto for this year’s parliament elections,” Roy said.
Banerjee and Hazare share similar opinions on issues like FDI in retail, economic programmes, land acquisition, privatisation of PSUs and pension fund, he added.
Sources in the party said some of Hazare’s suggestions have been incorporated by the TMC in its election manifesto.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“The suggestions include ensuring a Lokayukta, putting up of citizens’ charter to address people’s problems, and to bring all state government employees under the purview of Lokpal,” a source said, and added that the TMC has added more than one suggestion in its election manifesto.
Incidentally, senior TMC leader Subrata Mukherjee said he had “no information of any such letter written by Anna to the TMC here.” Shankudeb Ponda, national president of TMCP (party’s student wing) categorically said “there has been no receipt of any such letter.”