“There is no end to learning process.” This is what state education minister Partha Chatterjee had to say after he received his doctorate degree from North Bengal University on Monday. “Trinamool Congress observed July 21as Martyr’s Day. On the same day, I turned a new leaf in my life,” said the 60-plus Chatterjee.
The secretary general of the TMC and one of the state’s senior cabinet ministers said he had been working on his PhD thesis on “Transformation of industrial economy to knowledge economy with reference to Human Resource Management” since 2009.
A student of economics and management, the TMC leader said his applied for the doctorate programme as his mother wanted him to complete his PhD. “It was my mother’s wish that drove me to pursue research work at this age,” said Chatterjee.
In 2011, the then state commerce and industries minister Chatterjee appeared for the PhD entrance test at North Bengal University. The TMC leader, who holds an MBA degree, was among 43 candidates who appeared for the test.
He submitted his 237-page research work to North Bengal University’s Department of Economics.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Chatterjee studied in University of Calcutta from where he completed his graduation with an honours degree in Economics. He also worked with Andrew Yule group before joining the Trinamool Congress.
“I am a man of management and economics. I completed my LLB too. This doctorate degree is one of the most precious things in my life. I started research work as my mother wanted me to. My thesis is not Bengal or eastern region specific. I wanted to analyze industry economics in India. I had to burn midnight oil as I used to get little time to concentrate on studies during daytime when I was busy with my party and government work. My professional experience helped me a lot,” said Chatterjee. He added that he had to select North Bengal University for his research as he was a member of the senate in University of Calcutta.