To ensure that list of booth committee members do not include bogus names, UP BJP in-charge Amit Shah has directed the state leaders to verify names of each committee head and member. There are over 1.40 lakh booths in the state and party has claimed to have formed committees in nearly 72 per cent of them.
Shah has directed district presidents to prepare a database containing contact details and photographs of booth committee heads in form of CDs and send these to him.
Party leaders said it is the first time that such a verification was being done, and cited several reports on district presidents (who had sent list of booth committee members with bogus names) as the reason behind the step.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The job of these committees is to manage booths and keep a tight vigil at the polling booths during Lok Sabha election to help the party’s voters.
Sources said Shah and other senior leaders are directly calling booth heads for verification.
BJP general secretary of Braj region Devendra Sharma said names and contact details of booths heads were being sent to Shah in CDs to help with the verification.
Sources in the party added that Shah randomly calls up district presidents and begins to ask about the status of booth committees and other organisational activities.
Party spokesperson Chandra Mohan said Shah is monitoring the state’s organisational affairs and the verification process to define the members’ accountability.