To ensure that list of booth committee members do not include bogus names, UP BJP in-charge Amit Shah has directed the state leaders to verify names of each committee head and member. There are over 1.40 lakh booths in the state and party has claimed to have formed committees in nearly 72 per cent of them.
Shah has directed district presidents to prepare a database containing contact details and photographs of booth committee heads in form of CDs and send these to him.
Party leaders said it is the first time that such a verification was being done, and cited several reports on district presidents (who had sent list of booth committee members with bogus names) as the reason behind the step.
The job of these committees is to manage booths and keep a tight vigil at the polling booths during Lok Sabha election to help the party’s voters.
Sources said Shah and other senior leaders are directly calling booth heads for verification.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
BJP general secretary of Braj region Devendra Sharma said names and contact details of booths heads were being sent to Shah in CDs to help with the verification.
Sources in the party added that Shah randomly calls up district presidents and begins to ask about the status of booth committees and other organisational activities.
Party spokesperson Chandra Mohan said Shah is monitoring the state’s organisational affairs and the verification process to define the members’ accountability.