BJP president Rajnath Singh Friday sought to extend an olive branch to the ruling Trinamool Congress in West Bengal promising a “handsome package” for the state if his party formed the next government.
“If you (TMC) want to fight, fight with the Congress. Why are you fighting with the BJP? Stop fighting with BJP. I assure you that our government would be formed in Delhi. For the development of West Bengal and to remove poverty and unemployment, whatever big package is necessary, we will give it,” Singh said while addressing a meeting at Naihati.
The BJP chief’s overture to Mamata Banerjee government came a few days after the two parties locked horns over Narendra Modi’s attack on the TMC chief on April 27. Modi at the rally in Hooghly had questioned the high price of Rs 1.80 crore paid for a particular painting of Mamata.
Modi had also stated that Mamata had broken the dreams of the people of Bengal. This infuriated TMC which dubbed Modi as “Butcher of Gujarat”. The TMC also demanded that Modi apologise publicly or face a defamation case for questioning the sale of Banerjee’s painting.
Meanwhile, at another rally at Midnapore’s Keshiyari, Rajnath Singh said in the event of his party coming to power, one of its foremost tasks would be to deal with illegal migration from Bangladesh. “One of our priorities after the elections will be to locate the illegal migrants from Bangladesh and take action against them,” he said.
At another rally in Murshidabad district’s Panchthupi, Singh, however, bracketed Trinamool Congress with the Left Front in “failing” Bengal.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More