BJP president Rajnath Singh Friday sought to extend an olive branch to the ruling Trinamool Congress in West Bengal promising a “handsome package” for the state if his party formed the next government.
“If you (TMC) want to fight, fight with the Congress. Why are you fighting with the BJP? Stop fighting with BJP. I assure you that our government would be formed in Delhi. For the development of West Bengal and to remove poverty and unemployment, whatever big package is necessary, we will give it,” Singh said while addressing a meeting at Naihati.
The BJP chief’s overture to Mamata Banerjee government came a few days after the two parties locked horns over Narendra Modi’s attack on the TMC chief on April 27. Modi at the rally in Hooghly had questioned the high price of Rs 1.80 crore paid for a particular painting of Mamata.
Modi had also stated that Mamata had broken the dreams of the people of Bengal. This infuriated TMC which dubbed Modi as “Butcher of Gujarat”. The TMC also demanded that Modi apologise publicly or face a defamation case for questioning the sale of Banerjee’s painting.
Meanwhile, at another rally at Midnapore’s Keshiyari, Rajnath Singh said in the event of his party coming to power, one of its foremost tasks would be to deal with illegal migration from Bangladesh. “One of our priorities after the elections will be to locate the illegal migrants from Bangladesh and take action against them,” he said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
At another rally in Murshidabad district’s Panchthupi, Singh, however, bracketed Trinamool Congress with the Left Front in “failing” Bengal.