The Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata is set to undergo a major renovation, the process for which will start ahead of the upcoming Indian Super League (ISL) football tournament scheduled to start from September.
The announcement came after former Team India cricket captain and a co-owner of the ISL’s Kolkata franchise, Atletico de Kolkata, Sourav Ganguly, met state sports minister Madan Mitra Friday. Ganguly and another co-owner of the franchise, Utsav Parekh, met Mitra to discuss the plans for the tournament.
“We have requested the state government to install four more entry and exit gates at the stadium. The VIP enclosure and dressing rooms, too, will be renovated, while new corporate boxes will come up,” Ganguly said after the meeting.
Spanish La Liga champions Atletico Madrid, a stakeholder in the Kolkata franchise, will look after the corporate boxes. They will also install 25,000 bucket seats in the stadium. The ISL organising committee will bear the expenses of the overhaul of dressing rooms.
The state government has approved the proposals and the work is set to start soon —- tentatively from August.
“The government will co-operate. Their plans are logical and we’ve accepted them. We have to change the synthetic turf as well before the U-17 FIFA World Cup in 2017. But we still have time for that and will do it after the first edition of the ISL,” Mitra said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More