The Bengal unit of BJP Friday asked the anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare to refrain from teaming up with Trinamool Congress and issued an open letter highlighting the Mamata Banerjee-led government’s inefficieny in handling the Saradha chit fund scam, trident lamp scam while punishing efficient IAS and IPS officials.
“Annaji, the people of West Bengal have high regard for you. However, we believe the Chief Minister will defame you the way Arvind Kejriwal did,” the open letter signed by party state president Rahul Sinha, said.
Interestingly, the letter comes a day after senior Congress leader Manas Ranjan Bhunia condemned Hazare, saying he was indulging in double standards.
Sinha said that since Mamata Banerjee’s Federal Front was not finding any takers in national politics, she was increasingly becoming desparate and looking for allies.
“There was a meeting of the Third Front in Delhi comprising 11 parties, but nobody invited the TMC. It proves they have no acceptability in national politics,’’ Sinha said, adding that from Saturday he would lead a delegation to Governor M K Narayanan demanding prompt action to settle anomaly in the primary teachers recruitment.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Sinha added that the party till date has received 632 applications from people willing to contest Lok Sabha elections, which they were now considering and the final list of candidates would be published in a couple of weeks.