In what is being called a “barbaric” act, a woman private tutor in Dakshindari was caught on CCTV, “thrashing and kicking on chest” a three-and-a-half-year old boy on Tuesday. The child’s mother, Shalini Agarwal, said her son had already grown phobic of the tutor, Pooja, hired three days ago, and had started refusing to take tutions from her.
A complaint has been filed at the Lake Town police station with officers saying there are on the lookout for the tutor.
The incident comes a day after TV channels aired a video clip showing a school principal brutally caning three visually challenged boys in Andhra Pradesh for “talking in the class”.
OnTuesday, when the tutor (Pooja) arrived, the child refused to study from her. She then asked the child’s mother to leave and locked the room from inside.
“When I heard my son screaming and crying, I switched on the CCTV and saw that the teacher was kicking him on the chest. She then hurled him on the bed and started hitting him on the face. That is when I intervened and started shouting and asked her to open the door,” said Shalini who had by then also called up her husband who was at the airport, leaving for a business trip.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Pooja, meanwhile, had left the place and returned after some time with her husband, Rohit Singh, and others, threatening Shalini of dire consequences if she complained to the police.
Officials at the Lake Town police station said they have started an inquiry. “We raided her (Pooja’s) house but she was not there. We are also trying to trace her location through her mobile location,” said an official.
Local MLA Sujit Bose also visited the child’s residence and said it was a “barbaric act”. “What she has done is barbaric and she will definitely be arrested. If her husband had come and threatened the family, he would be arrested too,” said Bose.