In what is being called a “barbaric” act, a woman private tutor in Dakshindari was caught on CCTV, “thrashing and kicking on chest” a three-and-a-half-year old boy on Tuesday. The child’s mother, Shalini Agarwal, said her son had already grown phobic of the tutor, Pooja, hired three days ago, and had started refusing to take tutions from her.
A complaint has been filed at the Lake Town police station with officers saying there are on the lookout for the tutor.
The incident comes a day after TV channels aired a video clip showing a school principal brutally caning three visually challenged boys in Andhra Pradesh for “talking in the class”.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
OnTuesday, when the tutor (Pooja) arrived, the child refused to study from her. She then asked the child’s mother to leave and locked the room from inside.
“When I heard my son screaming and crying, I switched on the CCTV and saw that the teacher was kicking him on the chest. She then hurled him on the bed and started hitting him on the face. That is when I intervened and started shouting and asked her to open the door,” said Shalini who had by then also called up her husband who was at the airport, leaving for a business trip.
Pooja, meanwhile, had left the place and returned after some time with her husband, Rohit Singh, and others, threatening Shalini of dire consequences if she complained to the police.
Officials at the Lake Town police station said they have started an inquiry. “We raided her (Pooja’s) house but she was not there. We are also trying to trace her location through her mobile location,” said an official.
Local MLA Sujit Bose also visited the child’s residence and said it was a “barbaric act”. “What she has done is barbaric and she will definitely be arrested. If her husband had come and threatened the family, he would be arrested too,” said Bose.