The Lalit Great Eastern, which had changed hands from the Left Front government in West Bengal to a private enterprise, reopens today.
Located in the heart of B B D Bag area — the central business district of Kolkata- it has the distinction of being one of the oldest heritage hotels in Kolkata that lives on for over 165 years.
Restored and renovated at over Rs 375 crore by the Lalit Group for the past seven years, the hotel in its new avatar combines three different styles of history — Victorian, Edwardian and contemporary.
The Heritage Block-I of the hotel is still under renovation and will open by the end of the year.
The hotel has 195 rooms and suites, which are elegantly furnished and offer world-class amenities.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Other attractions include the Tea lounge, offering a selection of tea from 16 estates and an upcoming diner which will serve signature Bengali dishes along with international cuisine.