The Lalit Great Eastern, which had changed hands from the Left Front government in West Bengal to a private enterprise, reopens today.
Located in the heart of B B D Bag area — the central business district of Kolkata- it has the distinction of being one of the oldest heritage hotels in Kolkata that lives on for over 165 years.
Restored and renovated at over Rs 375 crore by the Lalit Group for the past seven years, the hotel in its new avatar combines three different styles of history — Victorian, Edwardian and contemporary.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Heritage Block-I of the hotel is still under renovation and will open by the end of the year.
The hotel has 195 rooms and suites, which are elegantly furnished and offer world-class amenities.
Other attractions include the Tea lounge, offering a selection of tea from 16 estates and an upcoming diner which will serve signature Bengali dishes along with international cuisine.