West Bengal Pradesh Congress President Adhir Ranjan Choudhury today accused the state administration, particularly Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, of endangering his life by withdrawing the police guards provided to him by the state government.
Choudhury, a minister of state for railways, who had been provided with personnel from Railway Protection Force (RPF) for his security, will cease to get the facility from tomorrow evening when the new council of ministers are sworn in.
Sources, however, say the state government has withdrawn the security from today itself.
“I feel utterly insecure as without even consulting me, my security has been withdrawn. The state government has thus exposed me to the clutches of miscreants. If anything happens to me, my party and I will hold the chief minister responsible for it,” Adhir told The Indian Express over phone.
Interestingly, Murshidabad SP Humayun Kabir said “it was the MP himself who wrote to the police several times requesting for the withdrawal of the police personnel.
“I don’t really know if the security personnel have actually been withdrawn as I have re-joined office only a couple of days ago. I will definitely look into the matter,” the SP said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More