West Bengal Pradesh Congress President Adhir Ranjan Choudhury today accused the state administration, particularly Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, of endangering his life by withdrawing the police guards provided to him by the state government.
Choudhury, a minister of state for railways, who had been provided with personnel from Railway Protection Force (RPF) for his security, will cease to get the facility from tomorrow evening when the new council of ministers are sworn in.
Sources, however, say the state government has withdrawn the security from today itself.
“I feel utterly insecure as without even consulting me, my security has been withdrawn. The state government has thus exposed me to the clutches of miscreants. If anything happens to me, my party and I will hold the chief minister responsible for it,” Adhir told The Indian Express over phone.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Interestingly, Murshidabad SP Humayun Kabir said “it was the MP himself who wrote to the police several times requesting for the withdrawal of the police personnel.
“I don’t really know if the security personnel have actually been withdrawn as I have re-joined office only a couple of days ago. I will definitely look into the matter,” the SP said.