Minister of State for Railways Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury today, after a meeting with frontal Congress leaders, urged senior leaders in the state to exercise restrain while speaking to the media.
“The list of candidates prepared is not our prerogative but that of the All India Congress Committee’s. If anyone is unhappy with somebody’s candidature, there is provision for discussion within the party. It was not appropriate of the senior leaders to talk to the media,” Chowdhury, president of the West Bengal Pradesh Congress Committee, said in reference to the statements of party leader Abdul Mannan who had claimed of leaving politics after his suggestion on the candidature for Hooghly and Arambagh Lok Sabha seat had been ignored by the party high-command.
The meeting was held to discuss Congress’s poll strategy in the state. Speaking to the reporters afterwards, Chowdhury took a jibe at CM Mamata Banerjee for being forced into “limiting her campaign operation only to Bengal”.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“She had tried to win the people of Delhi over, riding on (the support of) Anna Hazare but fell flat on her face. She did it out of desperation and, in the process, demeaned Bengal in front of the rest of the country. Now she has cut down on her area of operation and is on a campaign trail only in Bengal than going to different parts of the country,” he said.
Reacting to Gorkha Janmukti Morcha president Bimal Gurung’s anticipation of trouble after the party announced support to BJP candidate in Darjeeling, Chowdhury said: “It is very much possible because the present government hardly adheres to any rule.”