Following the spectacular rise of the BJP in the state, the entire West Bengal unit of AAP Friday merged with it, while a senior Congress leader was likely to do so in the coming days.
“The entire state unit of the AAP decided to merge with the BJP as they want to join the fight against Trinamool Congress,” state BJP president Rahul Sinha said.
AAP leader Amit Kumar said BJP was the only platform in the state to fight for the people’s cause. “Senior Congress leader Pradip Ghosh has also decided to BJP within the next few days,” Sinha said. Ghosh confirmed that he was joining the BJP within the next few days. Ghosh, a former president of Central Congress Committee, was upset over state Congress president Adhir Chowdhury deciding to disband all party committees after its debacle in the Lok Sabha polls. Ghosh’s move would be a jolt to the state Congress, which faced an exodus of party workers to the Trinamool.
“Various leaders from other parties including Left parties are in touch with us. Lets see what happens in days to come,” said Sinha. Sinha also criticised the state government over its inaction in reopening the Hindustan Motor car plant.
“Several members of ruling party and the management are involved in in the closure,” he said. He alleged that huge tracts of land owned by the company were sold in connivance with a section of ruling party leaders. “We condemn this. We want the state government to begin tripartite talks so that this unit is opened as early as possible,” Sinha added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016