In a major jolt to Gorkha Janmukti Morcha, around 5,000 of its supporters have joined TMC. Tea workers from 14 tea gardens in Alipurduar constituency have shifted their allegiance to TMC today. Significantly, the support base of GJM in the Dooars region mainly comprises the tea workers from the area.
“Every day, people from GJM and adivasi (tribal) factions are joining us. Around 5000 tea workers at Madarihat assembly segment joined us today. They have lost faith in GJM,” said Manoj Nandy, TMC general secretary in Alipurduar.
Dasharath Tirkey, former RSP MLA and TMC candidate from Alipurduar, said: “We are receiving positive response from the people in this region. It used to be a support base of RSP and while some pockets were controlled by GJM.”
However, GJM general secretary Roshan Giri denied any such news of shift in party’s support base. “We have a very strong base in Madarihat, Malbazzar and Kalchini area. They are worried about that and that is why they are trying to motivate people,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More