In a major jolt to Gorkha Janmukti Morcha, around 5,000 of its supporters have joined TMC. Tea workers from 14 tea gardens in Alipurduar constituency have shifted their allegiance to TMC today. Significantly, the support base of GJM in the Dooars region mainly comprises the tea workers from the area.
“Every day, people from GJM and adivasi (tribal) factions are joining us. Around 5000 tea workers at Madarihat assembly segment joined us today. They have lost faith in GJM,” said Manoj Nandy, TMC general secretary in Alipurduar.
Dasharath Tirkey, former RSP MLA and TMC candidate from Alipurduar, said: “We are receiving positive response from the people in this region. It used to be a support base of RSP and while some pockets were controlled by GJM.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
However, GJM general secretary Roshan Giri denied any such news of shift in party’s support base. “We have a very strong base in Madarihat, Malbazzar and Kalchini area. They are worried about that and that is why they are trying to motivate people,” he said.