A total of 47 people have died of Japanese encephalitis in the last 11 days in North Bengal Medical College and Hospital, a top health official said.
“So far 47 patients have died of Japanese encephalitis in the last 11 days in the hospital. These patients coming from Siliguri and nearby districts of north Bengal were admitted with symptoms of encephalitis,” Dr Amarendranath Sarkar, Superintendent of North Bengal Medical College and Hospital said.
Another 36 patients have been admitted in the hospital and the condition of ten of them has been critical, he said. There has been an outbreak of encephalitis in Jalpaiguri district.
Nearly a hundred people have been suffering from encephalitis in various parts of Jalpaiguri district. “These cases of encephalitis have been reported from various parts of the district. Most of the people are suffering from the interior areas of Nagrakata, Chamurchi, Banarhat, Moinaguri and Paharpur,” Chief Medical Officer of Health of Jalpaiguri Jagannath Sarkar said on Friday.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review