Three persons, including a 3-year-old boy, were killed and 14 others sustained burn injuries when a leaking LPG cylinder exploded after catching fire at a house at Tiljala Road in Park Circus area of Kolkata Friday.
Joint CP (Headquarters) Rajeev Mishra said that three persons succumbed to injuries in hospital. Earlier, he had said that four persons had died. “As of now three persons have succumbed to injuries. The earlier information was based on initial information that we received,” Mishra said.
The deceased were identified as 3-year-old Tauhid, 17-year old Mujib and 35-year-old Sabbir Ali. Preliminary investigation pointed to gas leaking from the cylinder at the residence of Kaji Ghulam Mustafa, but it was being investigated. The injured were admitted to the Chittaranjan National Medical College where doctors said 10 of them sustained 75-90 per cent burns. Eight fire engines were rushed to the spot to douse the fire.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now