Three persons, including a 3-year-old boy, were killed and 14 others sustained burn injuries when a leaking LPG cylinder exploded after catching fire at a house at Tiljala Road in Park Circus area of Kolkata Friday.
Joint CP (Headquarters) Rajeev Mishra said that three persons succumbed to injuries in hospital. Earlier, he had said that four persons had died. “As of now three persons have succumbed to injuries. The earlier information was based on initial information that we received,” Mishra said.
The deceased were identified as 3-year-old Tauhid, 17-year old Mujib and 35-year-old Sabbir Ali. Preliminary investigation pointed to gas leaking from the cylinder at the residence of Kaji Ghulam Mustafa, but it was being investigated. The injured were admitted to the Chittaranjan National Medical College where doctors said 10 of them sustained 75-90 per cent burns. Eight fire engines were rushed to the spot to douse the fire.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage