More than 20 BJP supporters from different parts of Birbhhum were Wednesday injured in attacks while on their way to a party rally in the district. The rally was addressed by state BJP chief Rahul Sinha and party’s Asansol MP Babul Supriyo.
It is alleged that TMC supporters ransacked 22 buses ferrying BJP supporters at Parui, Kasba and Labhpur areas of Balargram village. They allegedly pelted the buses with stones and attacked the BJP supporters with rods and sticks .
The injured were first brought to the rally venue at Dak Bungalow Ground in Bolpur and then taken to Bolpur Sub Divisional Hospital.
Sinha alleged the attack was pre-planned. “They (TMC supporters) had launched attacks in the adjoining areas of Bolpur since Tuesday night. Our supporters were beaten up and warned against attending the rally. They, however, turned up at the venue, sending out a strong message to the ruling party that a true change would come about soon in the state,” said Sinha. He also accused the police and administration of bias.
Supriyo said it was not possible to stop BJP supporters. “We will bring about a real change in 2016, when Bengal will be free from violence and killings.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Sources said Sinha has written to the party high command, requesting a visit of the newly elected party president Amit Shah to Bengal. “We have requested his (Shah’s) visit but no date or time has been fixed as yet,” Sinha said.
BJP’s Birbhum district president Doot Kumar Mondal said the ruling party was “making Bengal’s future gory, filled with bloodshed”. He has filed a written complaint at the Bolpur Police Station. No one has been arrested so far.
Meanwhile, TMC refuted all allegations. “BJP wants to hit the headlines, which is why its workers engineered the attack. People in Birbhum still support Anubrata Mondal (party’s district president,” said sports minister Madan Mitra.
Mondal added the party had nothing to do with the attack. “The charges are false. I would request the BJP to put in a written complaint and if any of our partymen are found guilty, action would be taken against them. The venue has a capacity of 1.5 lakh people and hardly 3,000 people attended the function,” he said.