About 12,000 people so far are said to have booked seats for the BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi’s rally at Brigade Parade Ground scheduled for February 5. Besides Modi, party national president Rajnath Singh and a host of other leaders are going to address the rally in Kolkata.
Significantly, those booking seats have to pay Rs 100 as entry fee to attend the rally, which state BJP had decided in a meeting on January 8. “Until yesterday evening, we had received 11,300 online applications,’’ Shamik Bhattacharya, state BJP’s general secretary told The Indian Express.
The BJP has arranged for 30,00 seats at the rally which will be up for booking.
Giving details, Bhattacharya claimed most of the applicants are from the student community. “There are a lot students from private engineering colleges who have applied for entry. If required we will increase the number of chairs.’’
As part of the promotion for the rally, the party will launch a signature campaign tomorrow all over the state in support of Modi as the prime minister. The campaign will be inaugurated in front of Calcutta University by Rahul Sinha, party state president.
“All across the state we are collecting signatures from members of the hoi polloi. These signatures will be sent to Modiji,’’ Bhattacharya said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The BJP will also set up a camp at Sector 5, the electronics hub, at Salt Lake on January 21 for online booking of the seats.