About 12,000 people so far are said to have booked seats for the BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi’s rally at Brigade Parade Ground scheduled for February 5. Besides Modi, party national president Rajnath Singh and a host of other leaders are going to address the rally in Kolkata.
Significantly, those booking seats have to pay Rs 100 as entry fee to attend the rally, which state BJP had decided in a meeting on January 8. “Until yesterday evening, we had received 11,300 online applications,’’ Shamik Bhattacharya, state BJP’s general secretary told The Indian Express.
The BJP has arranged for 30,00 seats at the rally which will be up for booking.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Giving details, Bhattacharya claimed most of the applicants are from the student community. “There are a lot students from private engineering colleges who have applied for entry. If required we will increase the number of chairs.’’
As part of the promotion for the rally, the party will launch a signature campaign tomorrow all over the state in support of Modi as the prime minister. The campaign will be inaugurated in front of Calcutta University by Rahul Sinha, party state president.
“All across the state we are collecting signatures from members of the hoi polloi. These signatures will be sent to Modiji,’’ Bhattacharya said.
The BJP will also set up a camp at Sector 5, the electronics hub, at Salt Lake on January 21 for online booking of the seats.