- Anti-Sterlite protests LIVE: Pollution control board snaps power supply at Tuticorin unit
- Anti-Sterlite protests HIGHLIGHTS: Tamil Nadu govt orders suspension of internet services in Tuticorin, adjoining districts
- CBSE 12th result 2018 date and time: CBSE results expected between May 28-30, check at cbse.nic.in
Two teenage girls allegedly committed suicide in Kota on Sunday due to stress from studies, police said.
“Anjali Anand, 18, a resident of Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh, hanged herself from the fan in her hostel room,” said Yadram Fasal, Additional Superintendent of Police, Kota City. The police found a two-page suicide note allegedly written by her .
“She had been preparing for a medical entrance examination and prima facie, was under severe stress,” he said.
Jawahar Nagar SHO Rajesh Meshram said Anjali was staying in Kota for the past two years. She had failed her fist attempt at the AIPMT exam last year and was preparing for the second attempt, sub inspector Meghwanshi said.
- Haryana: 17-year-old girl raped by eight men, commits suicide
- Uttar Pradesh: Two class XII students dead, police suspect suicide
- Amit Shah promises to open Nanditha case if BJP wins Karnataka Assembly elections
- Delhi: Harassed by boys, 16-year-old commits suicide
- Two more students commit suicide in Kota, poor performance in exam suspected
- Inside Kota coaching factory – Why an 18-yr-old signs off her note: ‘Mein aaj apni life khatam karti hoon’
The body has been kept in the mortuary of Maharao Bhim Singh (MBS) hospital for post-mortem.
A case under Section 174 will be lodged in this connection once the investigation is over, Meghwanshi said.
In a separate case, 16-year-old Harshdeep Kaur committed suicide in Jaishree Vihar area, where she was staying with her family. “She was a Class XI science stream student and had dropped out of her coaching classes in May,” said Udhyog Nagar SHO Ramkalyan Meena.
Two AIPMT aspirants — Tarachand from Pali district and Siddharth Choudhary from Bihar — committed suicide in Kota on October 2 and October 13 respectively, while another coaching student Amitesh Sahu (19) from Chhattisgarh. was found dead under suspicious circumstances at his rented room in Mahaveernagar area here on October 21.
On the night of October 27, an AIPMT aspirant Vikas Meena (17) ended his life by hanging with a plastic pipe from the ceiling of his rented hostel room in Talwandi area.