It has been over a week since six-year-old Komal Meena fell in a borewell in Alwar, but despite intensive rescue operations, she has still not been retrieved.
It was on October 11 that Komal, along with her brother Rohit, 4, had gone for Dussehra prasad when she fell into a borewell on her way. A search by her family and villagers found them by tiny hand and foot marks around a borewell near their home in Barer village in Alwar’s Rajgarh. Since then, one cause or another has delayed the operation. Rescuers had dug a hole parallel to the borewell but a nearly 4.5 foot rock came in between.
On Monday evening, when the rock had been dug deep enough that it connected to the borewell, a foul stench seeped through, suffocating the rescuers and they had to be pulled up hurriedly.
“We were hoping to end the operations on Sunday itself. But first the rock came in between and on Monday, there was a foul stench. So, we employed equipment to suppress the stench emanating and second, we fixed plates underneath to prevent her from falling,” District Collector Muktanand Agarwal said.
“We have approached her from below and can see her feet but it is taking time as we are taking all the precautions and moving carefully; even the rescuers who go down are cramped for space hence the delay,” Rajgarh Sub Divisional Officer Sudarshan Tomar said. “We hope to end the operations in a few hours, before Wednesday morning,” Agarwal said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016