Telangana: Five-year-old boy falls in hot sambar vessel; dies

The boy, who suffered 70 per cent burns was initially taken to a government hospital in Nalgonda and later shifted to a state-run hospital in Hyderabad.

By: PTI | Hyderabad | Updated: December 24, 2016 9:07 pm

A 5-year-old boy studying at a Government Primary School in Nalgonda district of Telangana died after falling in a vessel of hot sambar which was being prepared for mid-day meal, police said Saturday. The incident occurred in Iduluru village Friday afternoon, when the boy, a first standard student, was standing in the queue along with other students when someone pushed him from behind and he fell into the hot sambar vessel, they said.

Watch what else is making news:

“The boy, who suffered 70 per cent burns was initially taken to a government hospital in Nalgonda and later shifted to a state-run hospital in Hyderabad where he succumbed to his injuries around midnight,” Nakrekal Police Station Circle Inspector A Vishwaprasad told PTI over phone.

Following a complaint by the grandfather of the deceased boy, a case of negligence was filed against three women cooks with Katangoor police station, the Inspector said.

The District Collector visited the village and announced ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh, a government job and a house site to the family members of the deceased boy, police official said, adding the Head Master of the school was suspended and probe is on.

For all the latest Cities News, download Indian Express App

  1. C
    Citizen
    Dec 24, 2016 at 5:30 pm
    Most unfortunate .Most of our guys including educated ignorant never observe q system even in temples, bus stations,rail stations and many other places the same seems to be the death kn ell of this unfortunate boy. Hope people would copy the good things from the west not the useless things like junk food, valentines day etc. Jaihind
    Reply