The state registered a rise by around two per cent in the success rate in the Secondary School Certificate (SSC,Class X),with 83.48 per cent of the students who appeared for the February-March 2013 exam,as compared to last years 81.32 per cent. Students who achieved distinction and first-class also increased significantly this year.
The results were announced by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) online at 1 pm Friday.
This year,14,99,276 candidates,including 6,95,541 girls appeared for the examination of whom 12,51,528 cleared the examination.
The success rate of girl students is 84.9 per cent,somewhat better than boys performance which was 82.24 per cent. A total of 2,32,619 repeater candidates also appeared for the examination,of whom 68,643 (29.51 per cent) passed. The number of candidates scoring distinction increased by more than 40,000 this year. Number of candidates securing first-class also showed a similar rise of 40,000-plus.
MSBSHSE chairman Sarjerao Jadhav said it was the first time in the recent history of the Board that SSC examination results are out by June 7. We made efforts to ensure results are declared early. The extended result dates used to have a cascading effect on junior college admissions and eventually led to shrinking of the first term of Class XI. This academic loss can now be avoided, he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Among the nine divisions of the Board,newly formed Konkan division topped with a success rate of 93.79 per cent. Kolhapur division was second with 90.36 per cent,Mumbai division followed with 88.92 per cent.