A 28-year-youth who had allegedly shot dead a Delhi Police constable last month was killed in an encounter with a police team in the wee hours on Tuesday.
The incident took place in North East Delhi’s Sonia Vihar area around 5:30 AM. The accused identified as Firoz alias Fauji, an Uttar Pradesh-based suspected gangster, was on a motorcycle when a team from the Special Cell of Delhi Police intercepted him and asked him to surrender.
“Instead of stopping, Firoz tried to flee opening fire on the police party. In retaliatory fire made by the police, he was hit in the abdomen. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him brought dead. A weapon was recovered from his possession,” said a senior police official.
Police was hot on the heals of Firoz as he was wanted in the murder of 43-year-old Delhi Police constable Shivraj Singh, who was allegedly shot dead by him in Shahadara area in North East Delhi on July 24.
“Firoz was a known criminal in East Delhi and parts of Uttar Pradesh. He was involved in a number of cases of robberies and snatching,” the official added.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest