A 28-year-youth who had allegedly shot dead a Delhi Police constable last month was killed in an encounter with a police team in the wee hours on Tuesday.
The incident took place in North East Delhi’s Sonia Vihar area around 5:30 AM. The accused identified as Firoz alias Fauji, an Uttar Pradesh-based suspected gangster, was on a motorcycle when a team from the Special Cell of Delhi Police intercepted him and asked him to surrender.
“Instead of stopping, Firoz tried to flee opening fire on the police party. In retaliatory fire made by the police, he was hit in the abdomen. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him brought dead. A weapon was recovered from his possession,” said a senior police official.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Police was hot on the heals of Firoz as he was wanted in the murder of 43-year-old Delhi Police constable Shivraj Singh, who was allegedly shot dead by him in Shahadara area in North East Delhi on July 24.
“Firoz was a known criminal in East Delhi and parts of Uttar Pradesh. He was involved in a number of cases of robberies and snatching,” the official added.