A 20-year-old was stabbed to death by five persons, some of them suspected to be minors, in a busy market in Southeast Delhi’s Ambedkar Nagar area on Tuesday afternoon.
The CCTV footage from the market shows that no one came to his rescue. The footage helped police identify the assailants, who were later apprehended.
The victim Sachin was stabbed 15 times and died on the spot, police said.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
The CCTV footage that was accessed by police shows the assailants surrounding Sachin, who is seen on a motorcycle.
They punched him and stabbed him several times, while passersby watched.
The assailants also fired two rounds in the air to scare onlookers and then fled the spot.
“The entire sequence was captured by the CCTV cameras and it led to the identification of the accused. We apprehended and questioned the assailants thoroughly,” DCP (Southeast)P Karunakaran said.
Police said the assailants own kiosks and makeshift shops in the market. They claimed they attacked Sachin because he was extorting money on a weekly basis. Police said they were still verifying this claim.
Karunakaran said the assailants told police that they were beaten up if they didn’t pay.
Tired of being at the receiving end, they hatched a plot to eliminate him. “The assailants confessed that they planned the killing over two days and arranged knives and pistols. One of the assailants contacted his friend in Haridwar and arranged country-made pistols which were used to scare the onlookers,” he said.
“We are checking if Sachin had a past police record. But we have still not found any official complaint or any FIR registered against him,” the officer said.
Denying all allegations, Sachin’s cousin Ravi said, “He never fought with anyone. I can never believe that he was extorting money from shopowners in the market. He was the only son and is survived by his father, who works as a scrapdealer, and six sisters. That day he had gone to meet one his friends in the market, when these six, who were under the influence of alcohol, cornered him. They had come to kill one of Sachin’s friends, my cousin was unlucky. When they did not find his friend, they attacked him.”
“There is no criminal case against him. No one ever complained that he misbehaved with him. He used to study and help his father in the business,” Ravi said.
Police said they were verifying the age of all assailants as some are suspected to be juveniles. Statements of eyewitnesses are also being recorded.
Police have registered a case. “We are also verifying the claims of the assailants. The matter is under investigation. We have sent the body for a post-mortem examination,” the officer said.