A youth who allegedly stalked minor girls was arrested by Delhi Police after they laid a trap for him, said sources.
The accused, a 19-year-old allegedly stalked minor girls on social media sites and had recently targeted a Class IX student from west Delhi’s Kirti Nagar, said police sources.
He had been stalking the girl for a few months and had hacked into her account, said police, adding that he used to send morphed images of the victim to her family members.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Watch what else is making news
The girl had lodged a complaint at Kirti Nagar police station on September 7. A case was registered under Section 354(A) and Section 11/12 of the POCSO act.
“The accused used to first open a social media account with a fake identity…then he befriended his victims and got their contact details. In this case, the accused had been harassing the girl for the last three months… he asked her to have a physical relationship with him and threatened to circulate the morphed images on social media,” said Vijay kumar, deputy commissioner of police (west Delhi).
A police officer privy to the investigation said they laid a trap on a social media site to nab the youth. “We sought the help of another girl and asked her to befriend him. We were continuously in touch with this girl and told her to agree to his demands,” said the officer.
Soon, a conversation started between the accused and the girl, said police.
“After gaining his trust, the girl asked him to come to a meeting place. On Saturday, he came to the Kirti Nagar Metro station, from where he was arrested,” said the police officer.
Police are now going through his social media account to see if he was stalking other minor girls.