Two men on a bike shot at Jamshed Alam, chairman of the International Human Rights Protection Council, in northeast Delhi’s Yamuna Vihar Wednesday, said police.
- Gujarat: VHP working president calls Archbishop’s letter a tactic to divide communally
- Is IAF protecting its land on Yamuna banks from sand mining: Delhi HC asks
- Family alleges police picked up, killed UP ‘gangster’
- Tea garden deaths on the rise in World Bank-funded plantations, claim local NGOs
- Once upon a river: Amid water tussle between Delhi and Haryana, Yamuna trickles at entrance of the capital
- Body of man stoned to death found on Yamuna banks
“We have registered a case and we are looking into the matter. We are scanning CCTV footage to ascertain the identity of the bikers,” said A K Singla, DCP, northeast.
Alam said that he had received a death threat a few days ago over a case which his organisation was working on.