The Delhi government on Saturday started works on illuminating the city’s “dark spots” which Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal termed a “big step” for making the national capital “safer” for women. The Public Works Department (PWD) has plans to install 7,438 LED bulbs or tubes at the identified “dark spots” in North and East Delhi areas.
However, as South MCD has not given No Objection Certificate (NOC) to PWD, the government won’t be able to install LED bulbs or tube in that area.
PWD Minister Satyendar Jain inaugurated works for installing lights at “dark spots” in North Delhi’s Model Town area.
“Dark spots being illuminated all across Delhi on war footing…A big step for making Delhi safer for women (sic),” Kejriwal tweeted.
“We have requested South MCD to give us NOC so that we can illuminate dark spots in South Delhi areas as well. East and North MCD have already given NOC to PWD following which the department has started works of lighting up dark spots,” Jain told reporters here.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A detailed survey was recently initiated by the PWD to identify the dark spots in the North and East Delhi regions.
It was found that there are about 124 “dark spots” in the East Delhi Municipal area and around 7,304 in the North Delhi Municipal area.