A 22-year-old woman was stabbed 27 times by unidentified assailants during an alleged robbery bid in Noida on Thursday night. Police said the woman,who was travelling with her husband,was attacked in their car when the husband had stepped out to urinate.
Police said the husband was being questioned after the womans family levelled allegations against him. They said the husband also failed to explain why he had decided to drive off the main road and park the car in a deserted area in Aghapur village,Sector-41.
The woman Aghapur village,and her husband Shravan,who had married in 2012,had been living separately for the last two months. Parvatis family told us that the couple had regular fights and she finally moved out two months ago, a senior police officer said.
Police said around 3:30 pm on Thursday Shravan had to gone to Parvatis parents house in Bhaupaur village and taken her to a mall. He said he wanted to spend time with Parvati and took for a drive, a senior police officer said.
When the couple reached Sector-41,Shravan said he wanted to urinate. He drove off the main road to a deserted location in the midst of a forest,police said. He parked the car and told Parvati he would return in a minute, the officer said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
In his statement,Shravan who lives with his parents in Sarfabad village,said,I had barely walked 10 steps when I heard my wife screaming. I turned around to find two to three men stabbing my wife. They kept asking for the car keys. When I got to the spot,they attacked me and fled. They did not manage to steal anything.
Parvati,police said,received injuries in her chest,abdomen and throat and is recuperating at the Kailash Hospital in Noida. Doctors said her condition was critical but stable.
Police said Shravan had injuries on his left arm,which seem to have been made with a blade-like object.
A senior police officer said,It is strange that instead of parking his car on the main road,Shravan drove to a deserted area. Also,the assailants did not attack him,while they stabbed his wife 27 times. Instead of making a PCR call right away,Shravan first called his brother and then informed police.
Preetinder Singh,SSP Noida said,We have registered a case under Sections 393 (attempt to commit robbery) and 307 (attempt to murder). There are several theories,all of which are being investigated. Once the woman regains consciousness,we will record her statement.