A 22-year-old woman was stabbed 27 times by unidentified assailants during an alleged robbery bid in Noida on Thursday night. Police said the woman,who was travelling with her husband,was attacked in their car when the husband had stepped out to urinate.
Police said the husband was being questioned after the womans family levelled allegations against him. They said the husband also failed to explain why he had decided to drive off the main road and park the car in a deserted area in Aghapur village,Sector-41.
The woman Aghapur village,and her husband Shravan,who had married in 2012,had been living separately for the last two months. Parvatis family told us that the couple had regular fights and she finally moved out two months ago, a senior police officer said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Police said around 3:30 pm on Thursday Shravan had to gone to Parvatis parents house in Bhaupaur village and taken her to a mall. He said he wanted to spend time with Parvati and took for a drive, a senior police officer said.
When the couple reached Sector-41,Shravan said he wanted to urinate. He drove off the main road to a deserted location in the midst of a forest,police said. He parked the car and told Parvati he would return in a minute, the officer said.
In his statement,Shravan who lives with his parents in Sarfabad village,said,I had barely walked 10 steps when I heard my wife screaming. I turned around to find two to three men stabbing my wife. They kept asking for the car keys. When I got to the spot,they attacked me and fled. They did not manage to steal anything.
Parvati,police said,received injuries in her chest,abdomen and throat and is recuperating at the Kailash Hospital in Noida. Doctors said her condition was critical but stable.
Police said Shravan had injuries on his left arm,which seem to have been made with a blade-like object.
A senior police officer said,It is strange that instead of parking his car on the main road,Shravan drove to a deserted area. Also,the assailants did not attack him,while they stabbed his wife 27 times. Instead of making a PCR call right away,Shravan first called his brother and then informed police.
Preetinder Singh,SSP Noida said,We have registered a case under Sections 393 (attempt to commit robbery) and 307 (attempt to murder). There are several theories,all of which are being investigated. Once the woman regains consciousness,we will record her statement.