A 40-year-old man, who reportedly is an assistant manager with the BSES, allegedly raped a 21-year-old woman at gunpoint on Sunday after calling her to a hotel in Mahipalpur on the promise that he would help her secure a job, police said. The accused, Kishan, was in police custody till late night. Police said they were questioning him.
Police said they were verifying the accused’s claims that he was a BSES employee. “Kishan had met the woman through a common friend. The woman was unemployed. Kishan told her that he knew people within the BSES and that he could push her case for a job in the company. He then asked her to come to a hotel in Mahipalpur in South Delhi on Sunday afternoon, where he said he had fixed an appointment. When the woman arrived at the hotel room, Kishan allegedly raped her at gunpoint,” a senior police officer said.
The woman registered an FIR at the Vasant Kunj police station following which Kishan was caught from an area in Mahipalpur and detained, police said. A BSES spokesperson said they were verifying the accused’s claim that he was an employee of the company. “We are trying to ascertain the bonafides of the person. The company has a zero-tolerance policy against any form of illegality and sexual harassment of women in any form. If the alleged person is indeed found to be our employee, strictest possible action will be taken again him. We condemn the incident in the strongest possible terms and as always, we will cooperate with the law-enforcement agencies,” the spokesperson said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
According to police, the woman was introduced to the accused by a common friend at a party about three months ago. Both Kishan and the woman then kept in touch, through phone calls and text messages, police said. The woman was unemployed. Kishan assured her that he could help her get a job in the BSES, police said. The accused then called her to the hotel in Mahipalpur on Sunday afternoon.
Police said when she arrived at the hotel room, Kishan was waiting for her. He then allegedly put a gun to her head and raped her.
The woman reached the Vasant Kunj police station to file an FIR around 4 pm.
Acting on her complaint, police caught and detained Kishan. The woman was sent for a medical examination to confirm rape. Police said they were investigating the case and were going through call detail records and messages shared between the accused and the woman.