A woman police officer foiled an attempt to kidnap a visually challenged girl in Central Delhi’s Rajender Nagar on Wednesday.
Assistant sub-inspector Kiran Sethi, posted at the Anand Parbat police station, was on her way to the Tis Hazari courts when she saw a man forcing a girl to come with him opposite Janki Devi Memorial College. Suspecting something amiss, she approached the girl to ask if everything was fine and if she knew the man.
The girl told the officer that the man was trying to kidnap her. “The victim, a student of Delhi University, clutched me the moment she heard my voice. She told me she was on her way to college from the Karol Bagh Metro station when the man accosted her. She said the man asked her to come with him as he wanted to befriend her. He also called an auto-rickshaw to take her,” she alleged.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The police officer then confronted the man. “He started arguing with me and even abused me. There was a scuffle. I slapped him and held him tightly. I then made a PCR call. None of the passers-by came to the rescue of the girl,” the officer, a karate champion, said.
The accused has been identified as Sandeep, a resident of Baljit Nagar. He had been arrested once before, police said. A case has been registered against him.
Kiran, a black belt in judo, taekwondo and karate, joined the Delhi Police in 1987. She represented the country in Germany 1999 and won a bronze medal in kick-boxing.