A woman police officer foiled an attempt to kidnap a visually challenged girl in Central Delhi’s Rajender Nagar on Wednesday.
Assistant sub-inspector Kiran Sethi, posted at the Anand Parbat police station, was on her way to the Tis Hazari courts when she saw a man forcing a girl to come with him opposite Janki Devi Memorial College. Suspecting something amiss, she approached the girl to ask if everything was fine and if she knew the man.
The girl told the officer that the man was trying to kidnap her. “The victim, a student of Delhi University, clutched me the moment she heard my voice. She told me she was on her way to college from the Karol Bagh Metro station when the man accosted her. She said the man asked her to come with him as he wanted to befriend her. He also called an auto-rickshaw to take her,” she alleged.
The police officer then confronted the man. “He started arguing with me and even abused me. There was a scuffle. I slapped him and held him tightly. I then made a PCR call. None of the passers-by came to the rescue of the girl,” the officer, a karate champion, said.
The accused has been identified as Sandeep, a resident of Baljit Nagar. He had been arrested once before, police said. A case has been registered against him.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Kiran, a black belt in judo, taekwondo and karate, joined the Delhi Police in 1987. She represented the country in Germany 1999 and won a bronze medal in kick-boxing.