A 23-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped by four men in a moving car in Dwarka on Wednesday night, police said.
Police have registered a case after the woman lodged a complaint.
The woman, who hails from Mathura, told police that on Wednesday night, she was waiting for transport outside a mall in Gurgaon when the accused, who were in a car, offered her a lift.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The woman alleged she was held at gunpoint by the accused, who threatened to kill her if she raised her voice, police said. The accused then took turns to rape her, police said.
The woman told police that the accused took away Rs 5,000 she had in her wallet and dropped her at Uttam Nagar, threatening her against going to police.
After reaching her residence in Nihal Vihar, she called police.
She was taken for a medical examination, which confirmed rape.
Police said they were trying to trace the registration number of the vehicle. Dwarka police have formed two teams and are scanning CCTV footage along the route the accused are suspected to have taken.
“We have registered a case. Investigation is on,” DCP (Southwest) Suman Goel said.