A 23-year-old woman, along with two of her male friends, has been arrested in connection with her father’s murder. The woman, a resident of West Delhi, told the police during questioning that she had killed her father because he had assaulted her sexually on several occasions.
Police said on the night of the incident, the three accused had overpowered the deceased at his residence while he was sleeping and beat him repeatedly with a wooden wicket.
Police said they had also used glass shards to cut open the chest of the deceased and remove his pacemaker, causing his death.
Additional Commissioner of Police (West) Ranvir Singh said on April 30, information was received at the Khyala police station about the recovery of a body at a canal in Khyala, West Delhi. Police, on reaching the spot, recovered the body of a 55-year-old man, wrapped in a bedsheet. “We uploaded the information about the recovery of the body along with his photograph, but he could not be identified. We also pasted it at other police stations, but had no luck. On May 1, we received information about a woman who saw the photograph at the Rajouri garden police station and started mourning the death of her father,” Singh said.
During investigation, the daughter of the deceased told police that her father worked as a driver for a travel company at Rajender Place in Central Delhi. The woman claimed her father had left for Haridwar on April 30. However when police verified this with the owner of the travel agency, they found that the man had not gone on any tour to Haridwar.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“We checked her version and found that she was concealing facts. During questioning, she confessed to her crime. She revealed that she had committed the murder with her friends, who were later arrested. At their instance, we recovered the blood-stained clothes and weapon of offence,” Singh said.
The accused woman is the youngest daughter of the man. Her mother died three years ago.