A woman in her early 30s and her four-year-old daughter were found dead inside their flat in a housing society in Noida’s Sector-120 on Sunday, police said.
Parul and Aayushi were found dead a day after Parul’s husband Nitin Rohilla died when his car burst into flames near Pari Chowk, Noida, on Saturday evening.
Though his body was charred beyond recognition, police believe it was Nitin who was killed in the blaze. Police based their assumption on the location of his cellphone when the car, which was owned by the family, caught fire. Nitin was a mechanical engineer, who worked with Yamaha Automobiles in Greater Noida.
SP (Rural), Gautam Buddh Nagar, Brijesh Kumar Singh said the car caught fire at 7.30 pm, but the circumstances remain unclear.
SP (City) Yogesh Singh said Nitin had called Parul’s brother on Saturday evening and said, “Ghar pe badi ladai ho gayi. Sab kuch khatam ho gaya hai (There has been a huge fight at home. Everything is over).”
Parul’s brother and other family members arrived at her flat in Noida on Sunday morning to check on her as they had not been able to contact her or Nitin for two days. The flat was locked. Parul’s brother entered the flat around 8.30 am from the balcony of a neighbouring flat, police said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Neighbours said when police broke open the doors, blood was spattered everywhere, all the way from the kitchen to the bedroom, where the bodies were found. The battery of Parul’s mobile phone had been removed and was lying closeby. The receiver of the landline phone was off its hook.
“There was a lot of blood in the kitchen and the bedroom,” a police officer said.
Though neighbours claimed Parul’s body had stab wounds and Aayushi seemed to have been strangulated, police said they cannot confirm anything at this stage.
“The bodies were swollen, indicating that they have been lying there for at least three days. It is difficult to pinpoint the exact cause, time or date of death before the post-mortem report comes out. It is expected late Sunday night or Monday morning,” a police officer said.
A neighbour said the family had shifted to the rented accommodation around four months ago. “They seemed educated, friendly people.
Nitin, who hailed from Rohtak in Haryana, married Parul in 2008. She was a housewife and was very social. In fact, soon after they had moved in, she visited us and said she would like to know people in the society,” she said.
She said the last message Parul had sent her on WhatsApp was on July 16.
Police said they were probing if Nitin had committed suicide. “Passersby said the car was stationary for a while before it was engulfed by flames, as if somebody had ignited something inside,” a police officer said.