A 35-year-old woman was arrested for allegedly posing as an IPS officer and cheating a person after promising a government job to his son, in southwest Delhi’s Dabri area.
The accused, identified as Pooja, was arrested following a complaint lodged by one Anil regarding a woman who claimed to be an IPS officer, police said. The woman had allegedly taken Rs 80,000 after promising a job to his son, police added. A case was lodged at Dabri police station last week.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Deputy Commissioner of Police (southwest) Surender Kumar said the accused is a native of Himachal Pradesh’s Shimla and already had a cheating case filed against her in Palampur. “During investigation it was found she was a regular offender and in the previous case also, she had claimed to be an IAS officer,” said Kumar.
The accused told police she was a 1995 batch IPS officer and was pursuing PHd from a college in Himachal Pradesh. “Her claims have been found to be false. We have approached her family and are trying to establish whether she was involved in more such cases,” said Kumar, adding that Rs 30,000 has been recovered from her.
Sources said she had been staying at Anil’s residence for a few days, saying she was having some problems at her house. When he found that she couldn’t deliver on her promise, he approached police, said police. She has also done MA in politics. Police are probing whether the woman is a part of any network and has dumped others as well. They have also approached the Himachal Pradesh Police to get more details about her and her family.