The Delhi Police has registered a case against a policewoman accused of forging signatures of senior police officers. The complaint, filed by ACP Mandava Harsha Vardhan on Saturday, alleges that she forged signatures on documents sent to courts for closure of FIRs.
On the basis of Vardhan’s complaint, a case under sections 417 (cheating), 466 (forgery of record of court or of public register), 468 (forgery for purpose of cheating) and 471 (using a forged as genuine) of the IPC was registered at the Palam police station.
“We will be sending the documents to the Forensic Sciences Laboratory. On the basis of the reports, action will be taken against the policewoman. Investigations are on,” DCP (southwest) R A Sanjeev said.
- Delhi Police: Report on assault of tax, excise officers filed
- School under police scanner after students get fake marksheets from UP board, owner booked
- Facebook photo leads to arrest in Delhi: Film producer posed as MHA official, held
- Employee dupes chemical manufacturing firm of Rs 13 crore, booked
- Delhi: Six held for running fake education board that duped over 20,000
- Five months on, twist in NFC death: Cops say victim strangled, arrest two men
The policewoman, sub-inspector Kavita, currently enlisted at the Barakhamba police station, was earlier posted in southwest Delhi’s Dabri police station for a year, police said.
Police said a report was sent to the New Delhi district police. DCP (New Delhi) Vijay Singh said, “We have not yet received the report. As soon as we do, we will take appropriate action. The policewoman in question is currently on leave.”
According to police, Vardhan discovered on Friday that his signatures were forged. He was going through the status reports of pending cases when he came across his forged signature.
He saw that a document related to the cancellation of an FIR in a molestation case had his signature though he had not signed the orders. Kavita was found to have been the investigating officer of the case.
Vardhan then began checking other cases for which Kavita was the investigating officer. He then found that two cases of assault and one case of molestation had his forged signatures.