Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday described as “anti-people” the move by Congress-led UPA government to discontinue the relief provided to consumers by Arvind Kejriwal administration in their monthly power bills in Delhi from April 1.
Addressing a press conference here, senior AAP leader Manish Sisodia said when the interim budget was being prepared, AAP government had told the power department to extend the subsidy for six more months but then the government resigned. This also made it necessary to take the interim-budget to Parliament for approval. The extended subsidy did not find any place in the interim budget.
The party also attacked BJP for not protesting the decision in parliament when the interim budget was presented.
“When the budget was introduced in Parliament on vote-on-account, BJP aligned with Congress on the issue. BJP is an equal partner in this anti-people decision since despite having promised 30 per cent reduction in electricity bills in its manifesto for Delhi assembly elections, it did not protest the central government’s move when the interim budget was placed in Parliament on Friday,” Sisodia said.
“When we say that electricity prices should be brought down, then we say that there should be CAG audit of electricity companies. These companies were hand in gloves with Sheila Dixit government”, he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More