Court had issued non-bailable warrants against 12 accused
A city court has pulled up the special cell of Delhi Police for dereliction of duty in the September 13 serial blasts case and issued a summon against Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Sanjeev Yadav,the Investigation Officer in the case.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaweri Baweja on Wednesday sought a report on the status of the 12 accused who have not been arrested,in spite of the fact that non-bailable warrants were issued against them on January 13.
The ACP had told the court,earlier,that the special cell would file a supplementary chargesheet against the accused.
I do not see any work done by the special cell since January 21. No report or supplementary chargesheet has been filed by the Investigation Officer,as against his submission, Baweja said while summoning Yadav to appear before the court on March 9.
The court,meanwhile,also extended the judicial custody of other six suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorists Mohd Saif,Zeeshan Ahmed,Zia-ur-Rehman,Saqib Nisar,Mohd Shakeel and Mohd Hakim accused of conspiring to carry out blasts at Barakhamba Road,Connaught Place,Karol Bagh and Greater Kailash-I. The court had earlier remanded the six accused in judicial custody that ended today in connection with the blasts at Connaught Place. Those accused still evading arrest include Mohd. Sajid,Junaid and Asadullah Akhtar,who according to the chargesheet filed by the police,had planted bombs at Central Park,M Block market in GK-I and Karol Bagh respectively,on September 13,2008.
All the accused have been booked under various provisions of the IPC,Explosive Substances Act and Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act,for their alleged role in the serial blasts that claimed 26 lives.