The largest-ever housing scheme of the Delhi Development Authority (DDA), scheduled to be rolled out July-end, will have over 26,000 flats on offer across various categories. Officials said most of the dwelling units will be built in accordance with the Delhi Master Plan-2021 using “green technology”.
While the first set of 15,000 flats will be ready by July, another major chunk will be ready by December-end. Finally, about 1,000 houses will be completed by March next year.
“We have 24,000 one-room apartments and another 2000-2,500 flats lined up for the DDA, 2014 housing scheme. The houses will be spread across Rohini, Narela and Dwarka and will be priced from Rs 14-15 lakh to Rs 1 crore. And, we should be able to launch the largest-ever scheme by July-end,” a senior DDA official said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Once the work is over, the flats will be made available through draw of lots,” the official said.
The scheme offers 24,000 low-cost flats, and the remaining 2000-2,500 flats will be available across LIG, MIG and HIG categories. “We will soon hold a meeting to discuss whether the one-room flats will be made available to all or only to the economically weaker sections,” the official said.
Officials said this will be the first time green features will be made available in DDA houses. Officials said the multi-storey buildings will be being built in accordance with the Master Plan Delhi-2021.
The much-awaited scheme comes four years after the DDA offered over 16,000 flats in its 2010 scheme. Previously, the DDA used to announce housing schemes every two years.
In fact, till early this year, the land agency struggled to complete and hand over flats allotted under its 2010 housing scheme. Several of the allottees had even gone to court stating that their flats were uninhabitable. Over 650 allottees who were allotted flats in Ganga Block of the Vasant Kunj complex and some blocks in Dwarka Sector-18, were issued possession only in December last year.