The largest-ever housing scheme of the Delhi Development Authority (DDA), scheduled to be rolled out July-end, will have over 26,000 flats on offer across various categories. Officials said most of the dwelling units will be built in accordance with the Delhi Master Plan-2021 using “green technology”.
While the first set of 15,000 flats will be ready by July, another major chunk will be ready by December-end. Finally, about 1,000 houses will be completed by March next year.
“We have 24,000 one-room apartments and another 2000-2,500 flats lined up for the DDA, 2014 housing scheme. The houses will be spread across Rohini, Narela and Dwarka and will be priced from Rs 14-15 lakh to Rs 1 crore. And, we should be able to launch the largest-ever scheme by July-end,” a senior DDA official said.
“Once the work is over, the flats will be made available through draw of lots,” the official said.
The scheme offers 24,000 low-cost flats, and the remaining 2000-2,500 flats will be available across LIG, MIG and HIG categories. “We will soon hold a meeting to discuss whether the one-room flats will be made available to all or only to the economically weaker sections,” the official said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Officials said this will be the first time green features will be made available in DDA houses. Officials said the multi-storey buildings will be being built in accordance with the Master Plan Delhi-2021.
The much-awaited scheme comes four years after the DDA offered over 16,000 flats in its 2010 scheme. Previously, the DDA used to announce housing schemes every two years.
In fact, till early this year, the land agency struggled to complete and hand over flats allotted under its 2010 housing scheme. Several of the allottees had even gone to court stating that their flats were uninhabitable. Over 650 allottees who were allotted flats in Ganga Block of the Vasant Kunj complex and some blocks in Dwarka Sector-18, were issued possession only in December last year.