The Delhi BJP is set for a revamp, ahead of a decision on whether the party would take a shot at government formation in the capital or opt for fresh polls.
Newly appointed Delhi BJP chief Satish Upadhyay is understood to have received the green signal from BJP national president Amit Shah for effecting major changes in the Delhi unit.
“The whole organisation will see changes soon. The mandals and morchas will be revamped. The days when workers were told to soldier on without expecting rewards are over. We will identify those who have been working for several years without any aspirations and give them their due,” Upadhyay said.
It is learnt that Upadhyay will keep in mind the work done by the party worker, whether he or she has a clean image, feedback from other workers and opinion of the voters he or she represents.
All mandal- and local-level committees of the party are likely to be dissolved ahead of the revamp. Migrant leaders in the city unit are expected to land major roles, sources said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Leaders from Poorvanchal and Uttarakhand are expected to be given key roles to remove misgivings that they are not represented properly and boost the party’s appeal among voters from the two regions. The BJP has often faced flak for not giving proper representation to all sections of society.
A senior leader said news of revamp was not surprising.
Social media unit revamp
“Every new unit chief brings to his team people close to him. And every chief has his priorities cut out on the basis of which people are given posts. So, it is not surprising that the new chief wants to make changes in the party structure. And if his claims are true, then the BJP will see a complete makeover,” the leader said. The BJP is all set to revamp its social media unit in Delhi. A plush office, trained professionals and compulsory presence of leaders on social networking platforms are in the offing. ENS