More than two weeks after he sent his resignation to Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, poet and vice-chairperson of the Hindi Academy, Ashok Chakradhar has come across an invitation card, sent by the academy for its annual festival, which suggests that his resignation may have been accepted.
Chakradhar said his name has always appeared in the invitation card under a particular head. But this time, his name has been replaced by AAP leader and poet Kumar Vishwas. There is no mention of him on the card.
“Though I submitted my resignation to the chief minister after the AAP government was sworn in, it has officially not communicated its acceptance or denial. But by the way things are progressing and the fact that my name doesn’t appear under the ‘sannidhya’ column on the card, where it usually appears, or in any area of the invite, it seems Kejriwal may have accepted my resignation,” Chakradhar said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“I would have felt glad had I been told about my resignation’s acceptance officially and not in this indirect way,” he said.
The academy comes under the Delhi government and is headed by the chief minister. A senior official at the academy said the post of vice-chairperson was an honorary title and the appointment was done by the CM’s office. The annual festival of the academy is scheduled on January 16 at the Red Fort.
Chakradhar said in his association with the academy for over five decades, he had never come across an official invite without the name of the vice-chairperson.
Chakradhar said he sent his resignation to the chief minister on December 28. After he did not receive any reply from the CM’s office, he wrote to him again on December 31.
Vishwas said he had attended the annual festival of the Hindi Academy only once in 2004. “I refused to attend their functions as they continue to say that there should be no comments on the political system, which is unacceptable to me. I told them that you have not invited me for so many years and now you are sending me an invite. I will not take any money but the director insisted that I should come, so I agreed…,” he said.
On Chakradhar, Vishwas said, “I am a better paid poet than him.”