Dr Anand Rai, one of the main Vyapam scam whistleblowers who blew the lid off alleged irregularities in the conduct of Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board, met Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal Sunday.
“We are meeting everybody who is in opposition, as our work is anti-establishment. For the last eight months, the CBI has done nothing and the investigation in the Vyapam scam is stagnant. He (Kejriwal) is a prominent leader and we wanted somebody to take this up on the national level,” said Rai.
The meeting at Kejriwal’s Flagstaff Road residence lasted 45 minutes, he added.
- CBI acting as govt's puppet in Vyapam scam: Congress
- Arvind Kejriwal compares electricity bills of Delhi and MP at Bhopal rally
- Prepare the ground to uproot BJP government in MP: Arvind Kejriwal
- Vyapam case: Congress to file private complaint, deploy its lawyer leaders, says Kapil Sibal
- Vyapam whistle-blower wins court battle against MP govt
- Rahul Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal attend journalist's last rites, Congress demands CBI probe monitored by SC
Rai, who serves as a medical officer in the Madhya Pradesh government, said he told Kejriwal about the work he had undertaken.
“We told him about the corruption that is prevalent in MP and the illegal amassing of property by government officials, which we will soon bring to light.”
Rai said he had met Congress leaders Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi earlier and drawn their attention to the Vyapam scam.
“I too have been an RTI activist in MP since 2004 and our association with Arvind Kejriwal is not new. We have known each other for a long time. We have approached leaders of different political parties so that nobody accuses us of being any party’s agent,” he added.
Rai posted a picture with Kejriwal on Twitter after their meeting and posted, “Had an excellent meeting with CM delhi @ArvindKejriwal at his residence.” Kejriwal retweeted him.