After the drubbing it received in the Lok Sabha polls, the AAP leaders and volunteers met to discuss the party’s future course of action, even as party chief Arvind Kejriwal spend time in Tihar Jail.
During the meeting on Friday evening, a few AAP volunteers began shouting for the dissolution of the party’s Political Affairs Committee and National Executive. They demanded that the party take decisions only after discussions with volunteers.
Although some AAP leaders assured them that they will get a chance to voice their views and tried to pacify them, another group started creating a ruckus.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The meeting also saw leaders reading out a letter written by Kejriwal from Tihar Jail. Titled ‘Why was I arrested?’, the letter said, “I have decided to devote my life to this struggle against corruption. I have stayed hungry in this fight, I have been beaten up by police, suffered insults and now I am in Tihar Jail.”
Signed, Prisoner Number 3642, Jail Number 4, Tihar Jail, the letter said, “A section of the media is against me. They term this fight against corruption as a drama. I appeal to you that if you come across any such baseless news against us, do not trust them.”
Senior leaders Prashant Bhushan, Yogendra Yadav, Manish Sisodia, Sanjay Singh and Gopal Rai discussed the circumstances under which Kejriwal was taken into custody. To mobilise support, they asked volunteers to take Kejriwal’s letter across the capital.
Assuring volunteers that the AAP’s vote share has seen an upward swing, the leaders also said the party could regain a lot of support.
According to Yadav, the party is likely to receive votes from three sections — those who were voting for Kejriwal as the Delhi chief minister, but wanted Narendra Modi as Prime Minister; those who wanted the AAP to apologise for resigning from the Delhi government; and a section of voters who had earlier voted for the Congress.